How To Make A Difference
There are many ways you can get involved and participate in the annual Baby Diaper Drive, and your help will make a difference in the lives of the children and families at Homeward Bound. We are a grassroots opportunity for children, families, churches, businesses, and organizations to share in the spirit of giving, philanthropy, and fundraising. While we are collecting diapers, wipes, and formula, we are also encouraging others to do the same. This kind of participation makes our community a better place for everyone. Here are a few ways you can get involved in the Diaper Drive:
- Get your child’s school or daycare involved in the Elontec School Diaper Drive Challenge! This unique event teaches philanthropy, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills to children and will help shape them into good citizens and future leaders in our community.
- Host a drive in your office, religious organization, Girl/Boy Scout troop, community group, or neighborhood. We have plenty of resourcessuch as downloadable flyers and posters to help you get started, as well as tips on how to make it a successful drive! Have a competition with prizes and make it fun for everyone!
- Make the Baby Diaper Drive the beneficiary of your holiday event. Instead of gifts, ask people to bring diapers, wipes, or make a donation to the drive. We can share ideas of what others have done in the past – contact us for a brainstorming session.
- Participate in Counting Day! Join us as we count and unload all the donations! On this morning, all the drive diapers and wipes are brought to Homeward Bound in trucks, and a group of volunteers gather together for tours, unloading and sorting through the donations, and mingling with others who contributed to the drive!
- Make a contribution or drop off some diapers at one of our drop off sites. Your donation is vital in helping us meet this year’s goal and providing families with these essential goods.
- Be creative! We welcome your thoughts and suggestions and are here to help you get diapers, wipes and donations – together we can reach our goal of 200,000 diapers and $75,000 in Emergency Baby Funds for the families of Homeward Bound.
A Hand Up, Not A Handout
100% of any donation you make goes directly to the families at Homeward Bound. Allegra Marketing & Print and the Baby Drive Partners cover all expenses associated with the drive. Families in the Homeward Bound program are committed to changing their lives, and we are committed to helping them achieve self-reliance and break the cycles of homelessness, poverty, and violence. Homeward Bound is a 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is fully tax deductible.