Getting Your School Drive Started
Congratulations on participating in this exciting adventure! You and your school will have fun while making a big impact in the lives of other families. Here are some tips that we have learned from participating schools over the years to help you have a successful drive!
Ready, Set, GO!
- Create your plan – set goals and identify teams and leads
- Establish who will be responsible for the drive
- Communicate with your principal and staff
- Have your team meeting
- Set your Diaper Drive date
- Set your drive goal
- Set your drive goal
- Establish a goal of diapers per classroom
Your Need-To-Know List
- The number of classrooms in your school
- The number of students per classroom – on average
- Estimate how many diapers each student will bring? Will they bring a large Costco/Sam’s Club type of box or a standard grocery store box?
- Review the Diaper Drive packet that includes the following:
- PDFs of Posters, Flyers, Tip Sheet
- Tax receipts
- And More!
Tips & Ideas
- Print all your Diaper Drive posters and flyers (available here). Print, display, distribute, send it home with students in a folder or email the poster. * We have found that every parent will look in the weekly folder, but won’t always open all the email correspondence in time.
- Make and hang up posters in the school! Change them up with new messages and updates on your drive results.
- Work with administration to see if you can share regular Diaper Drive updates during school announcements.
- Start a Facebook or Twitter account for your Diaper Drive. And when you do – be sure to notify us so we can help you promote via our social medial networks
- Have fun – be creative! Some schools have created a diaper drive jingle, a diaper toss in their assembly like a “hot potato” game, competitions, and more. Once school even created a Dancing Diaper video!
- Create a focal point in the school – often times in the front office. Place a portable crib or Pack-n-Play and place a few starter packages of diapers in it to get the diaper drive rolling. The Pack-n-Play can then be donated and put to great use at Homeward Bound!
- If you have a student drop off area – have students from your team hold large signs and collect diapers that the parents can mark with their class/teacher and give them at drop off and pick up.
- Take pictures and video clips and make them available to the student body. This creates a fun and involved drive. Also, share them on the Diaper Drive's Facebook Page!
Dancing For Diapers
Summit Student Council's "Dancing for Diapers" video - all done in their quest for 25,000 diapers for the moms and babies at Homeward Bound!